FDUBCD mouse driver problem on Acer Aspire One

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Victor Chew

FDUBCD mouse driver problem on Acer Aspire One

#1 Post by Victor Chew » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:52 am

Posting this one Rory's behalf, who emailed me because he had some difficulties with the forum.
Hi Victor...

Apologies for emailing you directly; however, I could not find a bug reporting system, and the forums kept kicking me out after only a few secs with an inactivity timeout.

System: Acer Aspire One (extremely popular netbook)

UBCD on USB

Problem: Keyboard gets disabled when mouse driver is loaded, making pretty much all facilities on disk unusable.

Takes over an hour to step through the loading (after a program is selected), but was able to confirm that it is the mouse driver that, when it loads, basically disconnects the keyboard (meaning no keyboard input is recognized). Tried locating mouse driver on disk to disable, but everything seems to be in combined files?

Don’t know if there is an easy way around this, but if there is (or a bug fix), let me know. I expect this could be a very nice product/service (UBCD).

Thanks – best wishes

Rory Jan

COMPUTECH Micro Design
I sent him a custom FDUBCD image with the option to disable the mouse driver, and waiting for a reply. But just curious, anyone else having the same problem?

StopSpazzing

Re: FDUBCD mouse driver problem on Acer Aspire One

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Well, I have not. But I could goto the Best Buy nearby me and try the UBCD 5.0.2 in the Aspire One and let you know if it works or doesn't.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

phoenix00

Re: FDUBCD mouse driver problem on Acer Aspire One

#3 Post by phoenix00 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:52 am

It sounds to me like a BIOS problem - suggest flashing it to the latest version if Rory's comfortable with that.