How to make my computer work again!!

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Sineadie

How to make my computer work again!!

#1 Post by Sineadie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:10 pm

I noticed yesterday I had picked up a nasty bit of adware and when I tried to run a removal tool the infection had blocked certain .exe applications from running. I decided to restart my pc in safe mode to get rid of the infection, however once I repowered on my machine I was no longer able to boot the system at all. I had my VAIO initial screen followed by a couple of seconds of blinking cursor followed by nothing. Can't get any of the Windows tools to help me, so am trying the boot CD to find the problem. What should I be looking for? Also am now having trouble even getting the disk to boot. 'Operating System not found' error message when booting from my cd drive. Please help!!

Thanks

flyingsilverfin

Re: How to make my computer work again!!

#2 Post by flyingsilverfin » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Maybe try making a new boot cd? Also make sure that ur BIOS is set to boot from cd first. Otherwise I'm not sure...

The booting problem sounds like something with the MBR (because you can get past the BIOS but not further into windows). Apparently some viruses target your mbr to make ur pc unbootable, sounds like that may have happened to you.

good luck