Memdisk, diskemu and bcdw boot errors!

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

the_cork

Memdisk, diskemu and bcdw boot errors!

#1 Post by the_cork » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:19 am

Hi, i've been using a customized ubcd sometime to load various floppy images to load ghost map network drives for our various dell systems using different network cards. Until dell started shipping machines without a floppy disk i was using memdisk emulation no problems. Our first set of machines without floppies threw a wobbler giving us the BOOT DISK FAILURE error, requiring us to enable the floppy disk in bios. Being a step i wanted to avoid i altered the cd to use diskemu instead. This fixed the problem fine.

Unfortunately we have just received a new batch of dell's with a new network card, so i went through the process to add a new floppy image using diskemu to load the image. Unfortunately this time, upon booting i just get a black screen, no loading pc-dos... screen, natta. I've tried loading the disk on an older machine (obviously the netcard wont bind but irrelevant) and it works so there is obviously something different about this machine type although a bootable cd with just the image on works fine so i know there is nothing wrong with the image. I have tried adjusting my cd to load using bcdw boot but i also recieve the blank black screen. Obviously i still get the BOOT DISK FAILURE if i try and use memdisk emulation.

Does anyone know of a reason for this error and/or a fix/way round for the memdisk error? Any help would be great cos its getting on my nerves now!

Ta.

the_cork

No help?

#2 Post by the_cork » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Does no one have any advice on this problem i am receiving?

Constance

#3 Post by Constance » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:57 pm

Hmm I have no clue, but I guess it could help if you gave more info, such as the precise model of computers where it fails, and bios revision.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

Victor Chew

#4 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:50 am

I was wondering if you can help [url=viewtopic.php?t=803]help with some test ISO images[url] and tell me which ones work on your problem machines.

Thanks!