packard bell easynote - recovery needed!!

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

zootopia

packard bell easynote - recovery needed!!

#1 Post by zootopia » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:24 am

Hi there, I'm new to the forum :)
I was given the ultimate boot cd by a relative who said it would be able to boot up windows. Basically, I have a Packard Bell Easynote R1938 which has the error message "no bootable cd in atapi cd-rom" whenever I try to start it up. I then tried F11 recovery but it doesn't go any further than 99% before telling me an error has occured and it has to shut down. An engineer told me I need to purchase the recovery media, or get a new windows xp so I gave this boot cd a go. I get the menu and I'm not sure what to use from there, but I've been accessing the internet via arachne for now. Is there a way this boot cd can be used to re-install windows xp??

Constance

Re: packard bell easynote - recovery needed!!

#2 Post by Constance » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:06 am

Hello :)
zootopia wrote:Is there a way this boot cd can be used to re-install windows xp??
There would be if you had the installation files from a Windows XP CD. For legal (and size) reasons, they are not available on UBCD.

Anyway, you first would better check if your hardware is in good condition, for that may be what causes the errors when you are trying the recovery process.

For what is about the message saying there is no bootable media in CDROM drive, I'd check in the BIOS Setup if the CDROM is not currently set as the only or last drive in boot sequence : seems strange to me that you don't get any error message about the OS which doesn't seem to boot from / be found on HDD.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.