Full CD - Do or don't I need a CD-RW for this?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Christian S Blackburn

Full CD - Do or don't I need a CD-RW for this?

#1 Post by Christian S Blackburn » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi Gang,

I looked in the UBCD FAQ and documentation for UBCD insert on the website and can't find anything concrete about whether or not I'll need a CD-RW for the full version. I would like one of the web designers to clarify that right on your home page. Since Knoppix is a live CD that seems like an obvious question. However, because of the diagnostic and static nature of the contents, a CD-RW may be unnecessary, but a little clarification certainly is :?: .

Thanks,
Christian

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:57 pm

Why should you need a rewritable medium ?
Unless you fail your burnings frequently or want to reuse it when next version is out, I can't find any reason for that... so you may use a CD-R or CD-RW as you wish ^^
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

Christian S Blackburn

#3 Post by Christian S Blackburn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:22 am

Hi Constance,

I wound up burning it to a CD-RW and just checking it out. You're right it would make no difference aside from not wasting media when UBCD revs. Knoppix is a live CD OS and I thought the full version of UBCD might have an interactive and customizable operating system, therefore justifying a CD-RW.

Cheers,
Christian

AJ2

#4 Post by AJ2 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:49 am

And where have you found the ISO-file? I cannot find the ISO-file anywhere. Only ZIP- and EXE-files.