Why can't I do this??????????????

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

rmila00

Why can't I do this??????????????

#1 Post by rmila00 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:50 pm

Where is the ubcd34-full.iso file? I have downloaded a # of copies of the program in zip and exe format and none of them contain the iso file. I searched the web for the iso file but all I can find is the zip and exe files to download. PLEASE HELP. How do I make a bootable CD of UBCD? I have followed all the instruction I have found but all of them require the iso file and it is not in the zip or exe downloads I can find.

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:10 pm

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Unless there is a problem, the ZIP and EXE files do contain an ISO.
Are you sure you didn't click on a torrent or edonkey link ?
Does your system display file extensions of all files ?
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

Victor Chew

#3 Post by Victor Chew » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:56 pm

If you downloaded the ZIP file, you should use an archiver to extract the ISO file. If you don't have an archiver installed, try 7-Zip. WinXP has one built-in (right-click on ZIP file, "Extract All").

If you downloaded the EXE file, you should double-click on it to extract the ISO file. It is self-extracting.

Whichever method you use, you should end up with one single ISO file (eg. ubcd34-basic.iso) instead of many files.

If you want to make sure that the ZIP or EXE file is not corrupted, try matching the filesize or MD5 checksum against those listed here.

If you don't have an app to generate MD5 checksums, I recommend eXpress CheckSum Calculator.

Constance

#4 Post by Constance » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:00 am

( HashTab is great too, shame that it doesn't work under Win9x... )
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

rmila00

N/A

#5 Post by rmila00 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:16 am

No, when I extract the zip file or run the exe file it creates a folder that containes multiable file. It doesn't create a single ISO file. Anyone know what the problem might be or how I can work around this? Thanks

baronvonfoxbat7734

#6 Post by baronvonfoxbat7734 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:06 am

Are you sure you are talking about UBCD and not UBCD4Win? If there is a multitude of files and folders then you are looking at the UBCD4Win builder.

The UBCD does in fact contain the iso. It is one file with no folders when extracted. Many archivers such as winrar will associate iso files to open with them. If this is the case, if you may have accidentally extracted the iso contents.

Best way to tell the differance is, is there a plugin folder in the folders you extracted or a folders called images? If there is a plugin folder then it is in fact the UBCD4Win and I would recommend you to look at UBCD4win.com/forum. If the images folder exists then you have extracted the iso of the UBCD.