- Improved some detection routines; the script now scans memory to check see if the desired driver you wish to install is already loaded; if so, it will gracefully abort.
- Discovered a bug whereby the driver fails to load (skips) if the install option is checked AND the config file has not been set to install a specified driver. Now, it defaults to an "optimum" device driver if none are set in config.
- Version number is now echoed on screen.
- General tidying up.
- Removed one step (editing config.sys no longer required)
- Updated UIDE.CAB
- Corrected some minor bug fixes.
- Improved user transparency.
- Deprecated UDMAJR, added UDMA2 and UDMA drivers for broader compatibility and performance.
- Minor bug fix.
Once implemented, the freedos boot image (/images/fdubcd.igz) will prompt a user whether he/she wishes to install UDMA support for UltraDMA hard disks (with configurable switches and a selection of device drivers for legacy support).
Retrieve the freedos boot image from the ubcd iso (/images/fdubcd.igz) and rename to "fdubcd.img.gz" - you can now open the archive using either Winzip
. Next, extract the contents of the image using Winimage
or some similar tool. :p
Place the following from the downloaded archive in the \lib
Place the following from the downloaded archive in the \level1
Place the following from the downloaded archive in the \etc
Recompile/save the image, gzip the file and rename back to fdubcd.igz
Place image back into the ubcd ISO (\images) using magicISO
or some such.
- Screenshot 1
- Screenshot 2
THINGS TO DO
- uninstall switch (would require an additional step).